Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Seaside


Yesterday (MLK Jr. Day) some of the gals had the day off of school and work, so I joined them in going to the beach for the day. It was beautiful weather in the middle of January - t-shirt weather! :)
I've posted most of these photos on Facebook, too, so sorry if you've already seen them. :)

Seaside shops


Susie and I enjoying the beach

Susie, Holly, Heather, Bethany, Gwynne, and Jeni!


The air was warm, but the water was still freezing cold!






At a fun hat shop. :)

Eskimo cousins!

A few of the girls took a ride on the carasol - can't you see them?? he he... ;)

Gwynne and her favorite drink. :)
We rented one of those people-powered vehicles, but I got off after awhile cuz it was making me car-sick. (actually, my legs were just tired) :P Just kidding! :)A pretty little river

And cool bridge

We drove down to Cannon Beach for dinner at Mo's
Everyone was so excited for a perfect day at the beach!! :)
Holly, Gwynne, Bethany and Heather
And my favorite from the day! :)



7 comments:

NaomiG said...

Looks like fun! That last picture is awesome. You can come up here and take pictures of our amazingly thick and long lasting permafrost next. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture! Actually they're all great :)

The Soares said...

Cool, I didn't know you got to go along. I couldn't believe it was so warm there when we have this crazy incessant wind that's actually knocked down trees and just keeps going for the last 4 or 5 days. Love the sunset silhouette pix.

Sjo said...

Ha, "THE" is me but I was signed in with the wrong account. If you were wondering?? :0D

Susan said...

Those are gorgeous pictures, Jenn! I really enjoyed looking at them!

Heather Palmer said...

i WANT TO CRY!! :) I miss Oregon so much, and I miss you. Thank you for posting these pix! It was fun to see them. Love all your recent photos. They are so great! Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I love that last photo, although all of them are great!