Saturday, May 23, 2009

Oregon Zoo

I went to the zoo yesterday with all the family - it was a beautiful day here in the Northwest, so the zoo was very busy! It was the first time the newphews and neice had even been to the zoo - some were a little worried about the big animals, but others were very awed and interested!

This polar bear kept everyone entertained by throwing around this bucket - it would put it on it's head, and all the kids would laughhhhh. :)


My lil hunk of a newphew - Aaron, and his super cool sunglasses!

Looking at the new baby elephant
Phi showing me the elephants - he thought they were pretty cool!
I got to carry Marcus around the zoo for a couple hours - lucky me! :) He's three weeks old now.


Katelynn loved the zoo and all the new and interesting things to see


Sharing some of their lunch with the duck :)


Marcus keeping the sun out of his face with a cuet baseball hat - it worked very well!

Girraffe reaching high to get some green leaves - so cool!



At the petting zoo, Katelynn was so cute, she would pat a goat, then wave "bye bye" at it, and move to pat the next goat. Then she hunkered down to have a little conversation with one of them :) So cute :)

3 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

I would love to go there some time! I love the photo of the giraffe, it's beautiful!

NaomiG said...

The zoo is SO much fun with kids. :-) We can't wait to go when they have the lion... that's pretty soon, I think...

KLamb said...

The giraffe pic is great! I like the new name on your header :-)