Sunday, September 21, 2008

Camping at Nehalem Bay

So sorry I have been slacking! I've been working a LOT, and I also have a LOT of pictures from the past couple weeks to share. :) Here are some from our trip to the beach during the first week in September. We camped at Nehalem Bay State Park on Friday, then headed to the Beach Party on Saturday. Eugen and Sarah and the boys came later in the evening and camped with us!

The cutest red squirrel scampered into our campsite and was very content
eating scraps of food. :)

I think this is one of the most beautiful beaches in Oregon - with the dunes and the long, long beach with white sand - beautiful! :)

Dave's silhouette - looking out over the ocean

A peek of the ocean through grass and wavy sand...

footprints...
For dinner I brought along some marinated chicken breasts and Dave grilled them over hot coals - I must say it was the most delicious chicken I've ever tasted! :)
Dave thought so, too!! :)
Sunbeams coming through the trees by our campsite.
a stick in the evening light! ;)

Breakfast time at the S's campsite. :)
Phi winding up his flashlight. :)
Look what I found - a heart in the grass! :)
Dave and Eugen talking by the fire.

Aaron :)
Getting ready to head to the beach
We had to walk up the big dune behind our campsite to get to the beach.
Aaron loves the sand - eating sticks and grass is yummy, too! :)
Phi was so big and walked down the big dune all by himself!


Beach Party pics to come soon! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you did a fantastic job on the squirrel picture...and all those sand and beach pics make me want to head to the beach again. The boys are too cute!!! as always. :)

Anonymous said...

just to clarify...
by 'boys' i meant Phi and Little A.
:)

NaomiG said...

Hi Jenn! Your pics are absolutely beautiful! And the kiddos are so cute! My favorite beach on the Oregon coast is Pacific City.

The Chatty Housewife said...

"A peek of the ocean" and the photo of the stick are my favorites although they are all good. That camping trip looks like it was so much fun! I would love to camp that close to the coast.

That heart is really cool, I wonder if someone fertilized it into a heart or it was just natural?

Sjo said...

Awe, you got some great ones as usual. I'll have to get some copies if I'm aloud. The sand and ocean ones are awesome!!