Monday, May 26, 2008

Home Projects

We've slowly been working on little projects around our house since we moved in - here are a few that we've completed!








Finally! Our mismatched tool set is organized! I bought a pegboard and can of sage green spraypaint and went to town! It was one of my favorite projects so far!






The green paint added a little color to our garage wall. :)






Wrenches? That's what these are, right? I am clueless! :)






Our garage is small, so we try to make the most of the space by hanging our bikes from the ceiling.






A bonus view of part of our unorganized garage - that's another project we're slowly tackling - organizing the garage!


And if you're wondering what those tall boards are on the left - that's another project and Dave and I are working on - we're building a platform storage bed for our mattress - actually, Dave's in the garage working on it as I type! ;)





I was so relieved to get this project done! When we moved in, all there was in the laundry closet was a cheap wire shelf that wasn't very sturdy, and didn't maximize storage, so I went to the hardware store and designed my own closet to maximize the space.






This is my favorite feature of the closet - a place to hang drying shirts, or freshly-pressed clothes - it's so handy!





Oh, and did I mention I put this all together myself?? I had a great teacher (my hubby!) who worked with me on a previous shelving project, and so I tackled this one when he was gone and surprised him. :)



This is the shelving project where Dave taught me how to properly install a shelf.

Keys to hanging a shelf - measure, remeasure, and measure again! And use a level! :)

This shelving unit is above the toilet in the upstairs bathrooms - I wanted some texture in the bathroom, so the baskets were a perfect option and useful, too! :)




Hung a couple pieces of art in the hallway - can't wait to get more art hung in the rest of the house!



Our kitchen doesn't have much storage, so this industrial shelving is a life-saver!


Canning jars decorate the shelving... :)



Dave put these knobs on the kitchen cabinets since they were difficult to open - he spent hours aligning them just right so they were perfectly even. :) We bought brushed metal to match the rest of the accents (doorknobs, light fixtures, etc.) that already came with the house.



We used knobs for the cabinets and handles for the drawers.



We bough a little table and chairs for our tiny patio - it'll be nice to relax out here and eat dinner during the summer months.

And just a couple pictures of a thunderstorm we had a couple days ago.
These were taking just as the storm was rolling in - the sky turned so dark and evil really fast!
The sun was setting, too, so the clouds were this amazing orange color - wow!


2 comments:

Sjo said...

Projects getting done around the house give such a sense of accomplishment!! The thunder storm pic are amazing. We heard it more than saw and Phi kept grabbering about the thunder but wasn't worried as long as we were there. It was his first storm so we did watch the lighting out the window, by didn't get that amazing orange glow!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jenn! You are a valuable "woman of worth" Pr. 31:10JND (& vs 13,18,27,31 KJV)! I'm glad to see you are being "diligent in home work" Titus 2:5 JND. Your shelves are very nice and very organized! I am impressed!(I haven't ever hung shelves by myself). I'm sure Dave is glad you can help out with the projects when he's so busy at work. I really like his kitchen cabinet handles and look forward to seeing it all up close Sat. You're doing a great job making your little house a warm and efficient home. You two have lots to be thankful for. May you give the Lord the praise and the "first place" Col.1:18 JND. Those storm cloud pics look both awesome and kind of scary. Makes me glad I know the Creator of them. Love'n prayers, Mom B