Friday, November 14, 2008

Breathtaking Crater Lake


If you've never visited Crater Lake, you should put it near the top of your list - it really is breathtaking! We had the opportunity to visit it again with our family while we were in Southern Oregon. The first time we went was on our honeymoon and we stayed in the rustic lodge....did you ever hear that story...?? Well, apparently, in the summer months it is super busy, and it's recommended to get reservations far in advance. But we were just kinda winging it during our trip and didn't make and reservations for anything! We got there around 4 pm, which was the latest time you could check in for the night and they had just two tiny rooms left. The person in line behind us took the other room. :) Whew - an answer to a prayer that hadn't even been requested! :)
Anyways! Back to our current trip.... :)

Kate walking with help from Mommy along the rock wall near the Rim
"Beautiful view, eh cousin?" ;)

Nah, I bet they're just interested in this cute little ladybug. :)View from the observatory

I think this would be a great sledding hill during the wintertime! ;)
Looking out toward Klamath Falls area

Our destination was right at the tippy-top. Can you tell I love me some sunflare? ;)
Starting up the hike

At the top - I think this used to be some kind of lookout for spotting forest fires

Dave and I up at the top

Sarah :)

See those little toy cars - that's where we started the hike. :)
The Google car that takes pictures of the street view on Google Maps - who knows, maybe one day you'll see the group of us on that website someday! ;)

Philemon with his Auntie.
Spires - these this are so neat - and huge, too!

Driving on the way back to Klamath Falls

And one last panoramic look at the beautiful Crater Lake!


7 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Beautiful! I hope I get to go there someday!

Debbie said...

Hey jenn, I love the panoramic view of Crater Lake. I tried to do it but it didn't turn out. Yours is spectacular. I have been meaning to do a post on Kalamath Falls, but you and sarah pretty much covered it... both of your pics are so much better than mine. I might still post a few, but you've helped me narrow down my selection quite a bit. :)

NaomiG said...

Beautiful pics. My fav is the barn one tho... so pretty!

Sjo said...

Wow! loved your panoramic of the lake too. I couldn't get it to fit in my lens either.

Steph said...

Jenn, these pictures are so beautiful! Great work. You have a great eye.

Anonymous said...

that picture of Phi and Katelynn is adorable!!!

Frank Castle said...

How do you get the Google car driver job??